Chief Investment Officer
Standard Chartered Private Bank
Alexis joined Standard Chartered Bank in November 2010.
He is responsible for defining and delivering the bank’s wealth management advisory proposition. Alexis also oversees the fund offering to the Bank’s clients, particularly in the Private and Retail banking client segments. His mandate covers four main areas:
- Chairing the Global Investment Council (GIC), with responsibility for establishing the bank’s investment outlook, generating investment ideas, identifying risks and opportunities across products, regions and asset classes. These ideas are packaged into locally relevant and suitable portfolio solutions for our customers.
- Overseeing the discretionary portfolio management unit and the Signature portfolio solutions.
- Setting direction and global standards for investment advisors globally across segments; the investment advisors are specialists who partner with relationship managers to design and deliver solutions to clients.
- Overseeing directly the Private Bank Investment Advisors
- He was until July 2015 also overseeing the Bank’s traditional and alternative mutual fund offering.
He was previously with Citibank in New York where he was Global Head of Investment Products & Advice for the retail bank. His responsibilities covered setting strategy and standards for investment products, financial market research and financial advice with a focus on the affluent investor segment.
Alexis has 20 years of asset management, investment product and wealth management experience in Europe, the US and Asia, and has a post-master degree (DESS) in finance from the University Paris 9 Dauphine. Alexis is married with 2 children and lives in Singapore.