Founder & Chief Executive Officer
- What’s your USP?
- What have you got that means you will be here in five years?
- How must you refine and redefine your value proposition today?
- Are you nimble, responsive and adaptive?
- What’s the advantage and disadvantage to pure-play firms vs universal banks?
- What is the client expecting from you today?
- What trends are we seeing in Europe and North America in wealth and asset management?
- Where is growth coming from over the next five years? Bigger share of wallet? Lending? Next-gen leads? Organic vs acquisition vs partnership?
- Biggest opportunities for the next three years?
- Biggest challenges for the next three years?
Chief Executive Officer of Asia Pacific
Co-CEO, Asia Pacific, Head of South-East Asia
BNP Paribas Wealth Management
Chief Executive Officer, Singapore
Schroders Wealth Management
Chief Executive Officer
Executive Vice-President, Head of Global Distribution
- Transitioning wealth management into the digital era
- Distribution and connectivity is key
Partner & Co-Chief Investment Officer
- Who are we and why do we focus on simplifying beta choices in Asia
- A review of opportunities in China new economy and ASEAN stocks, as well as implementation options
- Introducing a better way to access Asian frontier and global EM markets
- The revenue squeeze is on. Where does your revenue come from in the future?
- How do you reconcile the suitability of investment products you sell to your clients with profitability?
- When you launch a new product – how do you gauge whether it was successful?
- Are we making any progress in creating a ‘stickier’ engagement with clients?
- How can banks really make discretionary offerings work, to increase their share of client assets in DPM?
- Investing is a simple process that is not easy to execute. The investor can be irrational. It is behavioural. Is Behavioural Finance a critical component to manage client expectations?
- How are we improving the investment platform and processes?
- Can we cut cost – without impacting the client experience or performance?
- What's the role of digital today?
- Can digital add greater value to traditional advisory?
- What's the right balance between face-to-face and technology driven interaction?
Head of Managed Solutions APAC
Credit Suisse Private Banking
Managing Director, Client Investments
Taurus Wealth Advisors
Executive Director – Investment Funds Fund Selection & Strategy
DBS Private Banking
- Frontier provides high growth and low correlation to global equity markets
- In a global context - the macro stands out
- Reform in the MENA region
Head of Business Development, Asia
- Growth of ESG Funds
- What is Greenwashing?
- What to do about Greenwashing?
Investment Director, Private Market Specialist Distribution
Aberdeen Standard Investments
- Potential to deliver higher returns than traditional assets
- Add a new source of risk premia to investment portfolios
- Lower correlation of returns to public markets
Senior Portfolio Manager
- Is Asian equities a compelling investment case?
- The case for sustainable investment in Asia
- How do we generate alpha?
We use the word "Millennial" regularly. Most “young” people consider the word an insult, denoting someone who is lazy, spoiled, feckless, etc. Regardless of what their attitude is and how effective they may be - many are coming into serious wealth, thanks to rich and doting parents. Winning the hearts and minds of "Young investors" – will be key to your long-term success. But are you too old to deal with them – and has your bank got any ideas around finding tangible, innovative ideas to get them engaged? Intergenerational wealth preservation is not easy – it requires holistic planning, targeted education and an acute focus on the customer experience.
- How do you deal with the younger generation?
- What is their attitude towards investing?
- What do the younger generations expect from you?
- What are banks doing to create a holistic and meaningful user experience for them?
- Beyond investments, what other engagement do you need to provide?
- Has client demand for Impact investing, SRI, ESG increased?
- Do you provide these solutions in-house?
- Is impact investing an add-on or a core investment?
- Which areas would you invest in or avoid?
- What's the next phase of impact investing?
- Assessing products: the good, the bad and the ugly
- Does ESG deliver superior returns?
- Can these offerings be bespoke to deepen relationships with clients?
Deputy Chief Executive, Head of MIS, Asia Markets, Investments & Structuring, Asia
Indosuez Wealth Management
Managing Director, Head of Managed Solutions and Investment Governance
DBS Private Banking
Managing Director, Head of ASEAN Account Management
Managing Director, Global Co-Head of Investment Funds
UBS Wealth Management
Simon-Kucher & Partners
- What are the main evolutions being driven by technology?
- What are the client demands re; technology? What are the expectations?
- Is the industry, and its main players, adopting and adapting its delivery of services?
2018 witnessed an aggressive EM correction on the back of USD strength, global growth and trade war concerns. While broader EM still faces some of these concerns, portions of EM markets in our backyards have strong fundamentals, low valuations, are under-invested and are now benefiting from global supply chain rebalancing and improved currency dynamics. Emerging ASEAN stocks are benefiting from USD weakness and supply chain repositioning. China new economy stocks are benefiting from an increasingly domestic and consumption driven market. Markets like Vietnam, a frontier market yet to be upgraded to EM, looks particularly interesting as many now view it as the main beneficiary of the dispute between China and the US.
Partner & Co-Chief Investment Officer
- Why we can generate high alpha
- How we generate high alpha
- Why returns are sustainable over the cycle
- What are the main investment themes and the products that will be most relevant in 2H?
- How will you help clients shift mindset, investing style and portfolio holdings as the market transitions to a more volatile phase?
- Risks and opportunities for 2H 2018? How are you delivering performance? Managing risk?
- What Asian Markets offer the best value? What’s your view on China?
- What is your current thinking about the role of fixed income and credit in HNW / UHNW clients’ portfolios?
- What are the prospects for US dollar interest rates in the coming 12 months?
- Equity – where is best? Where is worst?
- What must be considered when investing in emerging markets?
- What's the role of structured products in 2H 2019?
- Any role for passive and index products?
- What’s the role for private debt and alternatives within portfolios?
Bank of Singapore
Director, Capital Markets Investment Products - Wealth Management, Asia Pacific
Head of Portfolio Management
Lumen Capital Investors Pte Ltd
Partner & Fund Manager
River Valley Asset Management
Head, Markets Products Specialist, Wealth Markets Products & Sales
Standard Chartered Bank
Managing Director & Chief Investment Officer
Caledonia Pacific Capital Partners
- Is GOLD an interesting asset class today? What’s its role in a client portfolio?
- What’s the difference between physical and paper gold?
- What are the interesting opportunities in Emerging and Frontier Markets?
- What are the opportunities to invest in Vietnam today?
- It's one year since Vietnam failed to enter MSCI’s watchlist for a market status upgrade – will it happen this year?
- Can investors look to make money via a multi asset strategy as volatility / market uncertainty increases?
- Are there any thematic / more secular equity ideas that are poised to do well? Like the environment and climate change?
Business Development Executive
J. Rotbart & Co.
Head of Marketing & Investor Relations
PXP Vietnam Asset Management
Managing Director, Head of Southeast Asia
Raffles Family Office